AKA Assisted Living
Our Midcare rooms are primarily rented by our residents on a long term basis.
We do also offer short term convalescence care but availability for this historically has been scarce.
Please note however that we are not a step-down facility and as such medical aids do NOT COVER this care & support structure.
While a percentage of our midcare residents may be hindered by some level of disability or disease, many are simply just frail aged and are simply no longer fit enough to manage their health as well as run a home, cook meals, do housekeeping and laundry.
Our midcare residents are for the most part still ambulant, and very much still wishing to enjoy some level of independence coupled with the peace of mind of 24 hour care and support if and when needed.
We take away all that stress and manage every aspect of their lives for them from their medication, to meals, linen and laundry and even hairdresser appointments within our village Lifestyle Centre.
- our Midcare comprises of 12 private en-suit bedrooms, 7 double units and 5 single units housed within the main building of the village Lifestyle Centre;
- our monthly rates include 24 hour RN (Nursing Sister) supervised nursing care, supported by a team of auxiliary and ancillary health care workers;
- our residents benefit from the ongoing village maintenance of our portion of the building, as well as the gardening team and most importantly the 24 hour top class security team;
- we provide 3 meals daily, refreshments, morning and afternoon teas;
- the housekeeping team comprises domestic and laundry support on a daily basis and dining hostesses meal times;
- we manage all medication, personal hygiene and any other care requirements that present themselves;
- weekly Pilates classes, ?other light exercise and games such as Bingo and Rummikub are also co-ordinated on a weekly basis.
We have access to the beauty and hair salon housed within the Lifestyle Centre of our village where both our mid and frailcare residents go to have their hair and/or nails done when required.
The village hosts weekly activity groups the likes of: aqua aerobics, line dancing, bridge and knitting groups to name a few, and out mid and frail care residents are welcome to take part in any of these activities should they wish to.